So you have to create a slide deck with 20 slides. What a pain it is to create each new slide and manually insert a title in each one!
But there’s a way to automatically create 20 slides in just a few seconds in PowerPoint 2007
- Open a new slide and type each slide title as part of a bulleted list. The larger the font size, the larger the title font size will be (it’s okay for the list to be longer than the PowerPoint slide)
- Double-check your slide template. Whatever the default is will be applied automatically to each slide title.
- Make sure the “Home” tab in the upper left on the Ribbon is active
- Click the “Outline” tab of the Slides Pane in the left navigation screen
- Using your cursor, highlight all the bullets in Outline view (see image below)
- Press Shift + Tab at the same time
Presto! This will automatically generate 20 slides, each with the title inserted.
About the author: Bruce Gabrielle is author of Speaking PowerPoint: the new language of business, showing a 12-step method for creating clearer and more persuasive PowerPoint slides for boardroom presentations. Subscribe to this blog or join my LinkedIn group to get new posts sent to your inbox.